ACTE CareerTech VISION 2023 Recap
What a whirlwind for us in Phoenix last week — thank you to the over 500 people who came by the Grouptrail booth and epic happy hour reception we hosted at the Hyatt Regency’s Barrel and Bushel patio! You helped make it the most successful ACTE CareerTech VISION for us ever. Here’s our three main takeaways:
- More school districts are ready for work-based and career connected learning management platforms. WBL and CCL programs have been rolling out and now there’s urgency to move beyond spreadsheets and Google Forms to a configurable database to scale up impact. Our Grouptrail flyer with a request for proposal template outlining key requirements and evaluation criteria we’ve come across over the years received positive feedback for reflecting what people are looking for.
- Many states have school districts who are collaborating regionally to implement WBL and CCL programs together to maximize their resources and impact. Grouptrail’s ability to create custom state-specific templates that regions can leverage for students to discover their WBL and CCL opportunities, onboard and track industry partners, and visually report on student and economic outcomes matched what they need at a regional level.
- The growing acquisition of edtech companies is causing issues and constraints for schools. All of Grouptrail’s main competitors in this space have been acquired, and we heard from people about the challenges they’re having now. As a result, there was increased interest from VISION attendees in the fully independent and fully adaptable Grouptrail platform.
We appreciated connecting with school districts across the country and all the kind words you had for our WBL software platform, Ariela’s remarks at the WBL Division Opening Session, the sought after Grouptrail swag, and our caring and fun company culture.
And congrats to our raffle winners Kelby from Nezperce School District in Idaho (YETI Tundra 35 cooler), Audra from Porter County Career Center in Indiana (Solo Stove Mesa), and Josh from Carson City School District in Nevada (Solo Stove Mesa)! We’ll have more swag available and raffles coming up next year with Grouptrail appearing at conferences in Michigan, Oregon, Wisconsin, Georgia, Nevada, and Texas plus numerous virtual opportunities to interact with us!
Thank you for a truly impactful 2023!
And just like that, it’s December. 2023 has been an incredibly busy year for our team at Grouptrail. We’re grateful for the opportunity to partner with our growing customer community in education. As we start to look back on this year and reflect, we are inspired by your work and passion you bring to making a difference with students across the country. It’s because of you that we are able to do what we do and we look forward to continuing our collaboration next year.
As the year draws to a close, the Grouptrail team will be taking a break to rest and recharge starting December 18th until January 2nd. We hope that you will get the chance to do the same. We have some big things in store for 2024 that we can’t wait to share with you!
- ACTE’s National Work-Based Learning Conference in Milwaukee from May 1-3, 2024
- Career Exploration Toolkit website resource developed by Charleston County School District